Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Kitty Litter

    We had a cat. I'm more of a cat person than a dog lover. When we first got her we placed her covered litter box in the bathroom.
    One day I was looking for my big boys when I heard a strange noise coming from the bathroom: plop, giggle... plop, giggle. That is never a reassuring sound. Never.
    They were throwing the litter into the toilet, with their hands. Nice.
    I honestly had no idea what I was going to do. I couldn't flush it. Especially not with our temperamental toilet. I most definitely wasn't digging it out with my own hands. Oh yeah, sure. And there was no way I was going to just use a cup to scoop it out.
   Determined that I was going to just not go to the bathroom the rest of the day (also forgetting we had a second, but scary bathroom in the basement) I went to go finish dressing the twins. To add to the bad day, someone had brought dried leaves in the house and crushed them into the carpet I was sitting on. Good thing I just vacuumed the day before, ya know?
   Then it occurred to me, I have a shop vac!! So I got out my amazing Rainbow vac, and sucked up all the water. Then I sucked up all the litter. At that point I figured I might as well give the bowl a nice cleaning.
  The next time Logan used the toilet he mentioned how clean it looked. Yeah, thanks for that, kid.

  Oh, and I moved the litter box down to the basement after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment